Research Assistant / Associate (w/m/d)
PostDoc for "Optical flow diagnostics"
Dr.-Ing. Marco Günther
- +49 241 80 48080
- Send Email
Institute for Combustion Engines (VKA)
At the Institute for Combustion Engines (VKA) and the Center for Mobile Propulsion (CMP) under the direction of Prof. Dr.-Ing. (USA) Stefan Pischinger, research on all topics concerning the vehicle powertrain is conducted. Core focus is still the research on conventional combustion engine development like the implementation of innovative engine designs, fundamental research on more efficient combustion processes also in combination with alternative fuels or the improvement of the engine mechanics and aftertreatment systems. Additional research areas include virtual engine development, hybrid powertrains, electromobility as well as fuel cells and mechatronics for combustion engines. At any time research is closely associated with the ongoing development of intelligent methods for test procedures and engine calibration. The Institute for Combustion Engines employs more than 260 scientific, technical and administrative employees as well as student assistants.
- Doctoral degree in mechanical engineering or physics with concentration on optical diagnostics
- Extensive experience in optical measurement technology and laser optical methods (PIV, LIF, LII etc.) as well as in the application of analysis software (e.g. MATLAB)
- Pronounced basic knowledge at the above-mentioned working priorities
- Proficient computer and software skills (MS Office, Matlab/Simulink, CCM+ etc.)
- Good German and English knowledge (written & spoken)
- High degree of initiative, discipline and organizational skills
- Ability to work scientifically and independently
- Creativity, flexibility, team ability
- Research & further development of methods for optical flow diagnostics
- Expansion of current research fields (flow, injection, combustion, fuel cells, charging etc.) incl. application for research funds
- Scientific publication of new findings
- Supervision of several optical component test benches (high-pressure chamber, low-pressure chamber, FloTec, single-cylinder engines)
- Use of advanced optical measurement methods
- Scientific supervision of doctoral students
What we offer
The successful candidate will be employed as a regular employee.
The position is to be filled as soon as possible and limited to 2 year.
The standard weekly hours will be 39,83.
Applicants must have a doctorate/Ph.D. or equivalent.
The salary corresponds to level EG 13 TV-L.
RWTH Aachen University is certified as a Family-Friendly University.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender.
We particularly welcome and encourage applications from women, disabled persons and ethnic minority groups, recognizing they are underrepresented across RWTH Aachen University.
The principles of fair and open competition apply and appointments will be made on merit.
RWTH Aachen University is an equal opportunities employer. We therefore ask you not to include a photo in your application.
For information on the collection of personal data pursuant to Articles 13 and 14 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), please visit: http://www.rwth-aachen.de/dsgvo-information-bewerbung
|Mailing Address:||RWTH Aachen University|
Lehrstuhl für Verbrennungskraftmaschinen